Say goodbye to writers block. Jasper Ai is the ultimate all-in-one writing tool with powerful commands to help you craft, edit, and optimize content.
Best for On-Page SEO
Optimize your content to rank higher in search engines by getting real-time SERP analysis, keyword clusters, and on-page SEO guidelines with Surfer SEO
Best for Grammar
Polish your writing skills with one of the best grammar and punctuation tools available. You wont have to worry about typos in your content with Grammarly.
Having a hard time pumping out content more quickly and efficiently?
Or do you suffer from writer’s block aka when your brain just decides to pack its bags and go on vacation?
If this sounds like you, then it’s time you put an end to this mental anguish once and for all – by leveraging artificial intelligence.
There are AI writing tools available that can help you write content better, faster, and more efficiently. (Believe me, I know).
This article is going to cover what AI tools are, how to choose the best AI tool, and a breakdown of the best AI writing tools that are available for you.
This way, you don’t have to feel like you’re writing articles at a snail’s pace.
I’m also going to answer some frequently asked questions to keep you informed when utilizing these tools.
Disclosure: If you purchase through my links on this website, I may receive a commission, which helps support my website at no additional cost to you.
What are AI Tools for Article Writing?
Think of AI writing tools as your personal writing assistant.
They help you in generating articles, topic research, coming up with content ideas, or proofreading your work.
Some of these tools can even write entire articles with just one click. – So you can kiss writer’s block goodbye.
How to Choose the Best AI Tool for Article Writing
There are a lot of tools right now that you can choose from – Actually, too many.
With so many options on the table, it can seem like a daunting task just to find the right AI tool.
But don’t worry, here are some factors for you to consider so you’re not stuck for hours trying to find a tool that works best for you:
Your Specific Needs
An AI writing tool can have all of the bells and whistles, but you’ll be wasting your time if it doesn’t have the features and functionalities that provide value for what YOU need.
Identify your goals and think about what you need from these tools. Then see if the features cater to your specific needs.
For example, if you only need a tool to help you with grammar and punctuation, then you don’t need an entire Swiss army knife of features.
Once you identify your goals, then you can start narrowing down the list of AI writing tools by price.
The price of an AI writing tool is important to consider because some of these price tags may be costly for you.
Look for one that has a reasonable price tag for all of the features you’ll be getting.
The great news is that many tools offer free trials and plans.
Ease of Use
The last thing you want to do is waste precious hours trying to figure out how to use an AI writing tool.
After all, one of the main reasons for using these tools is to save you time.
So you want to make sure that you’re using a tool that has a user-friendly interface and doesn’t require you to be a tech genius.
Quality and Accuracy
Aside from speed, you want to ensure that the quality output is top-notch and I’m not only talking about content that’s error and typo-free.
I mean let’s be honest, nobody wants to see the same tired and recycled content over and over again.
You want to provide something fresh, something that “wows” your audience and keeps them coming back for more.
That’s why it’s important to use tools with built-in plagiarism checkers to keep your content original.
Most good tools are also equipped with natural language processing (NLP) that helps identify any errors, sentiments, and tones, and make suggestions for improvement.
Let’s also not forget accuracy. Make sure the tool generates outputs that match your desired result.
Not only can these tools help you produce killer content, but they can also play well with others.
Integrating these tools into your workflow can help you publish content like a boss, adding more value to your work in record time.
For me, my current go-to combination is SurferSEO with Jasper AI. They’ve helped me create blog posts that are SEO-optimized in just a short amount of time.
You can read about the cool features and pricing, but reading about what others think and their own experiences with the tools are an invaluable source of information.
I’ve gotten a ton of insights just from reading other people’s pros and cons on these tools.
Reviews can be a goldmine of information that you just simply won’t find anywhere else.
13 Best AI Tools for Article Writing
- Jasper – Best Overall
- Copysmith – Best for E-commerce
- Frase IO – Best for SEO Content & Topic Research
- Grammarly – Best Grammer and Punctuation Assistant
- Article Forge – Best for Content Automation
- Quillbot AI – Best for Paraphrasing
- Surfer SEO – Best for On-page SEO & SERP analysis
- Copy AI – Best User-Friendly Tool
- ChatGPT – Best for Prompts & Topic Ideas
- Writesonic – Best for Short Form Content
- Rytr – Best Affordable Tool
- Wordsmith – Best for creating personalized narratives and reports
- Wordtune – Best for improving Sentence Structure
Jasper AI (formally known as Jarvis) is an AI writing assistant that works like a Swiss army knife, allowing you to generate content types from blog articles and social media posts to product descriptions and landing pages.
You can also easily customize the tone and style to match your brand’s voice and personality, which is critical to stand out in todays world.
With powerful natural language processing (NLP), Jasper AI helps you create high-quality content – fast.
- The “Boss Mode” feature lets you create long-form content in just a couple of clicks.
- Built-in templates for blog ideas, product descriptions, ad copy, marketing copy, and so much more.
- Natural language processing that makes your content sound natural, engaging, and not robotic.
- Integrates with other reputable software such as SurferSEO, WordPress, or Hubspot to create a seamless workflow.
- Flexible pricing plans that include a free trial so you’re not breaking your budget.
Starter – Starts at $29/month/ for 20,000 words
Boss Mode – Starts at $59/month for 50,000 words
Business – Custom Plan & Pricing (Contact sales)
You can 17% off if you choose annual billing.
Both the Starter Plan and the Boss Mode plan come with a 5-day free trial.
Jasper works very well as an AI writing assistant and it’s one of my go-to tools to help me with blog writing.
It’s packed with other features that make it a versatile content generation platform.
Although Jasper is great, it’s still not perfect. You’re still going to have to edit and tweak it to get it just right. (But this is common for most AI writing tools).
2. Copysmith AI
(Best for E-commerce)
Copysmith is an AI-powered tool that caters to E-commerce businesses. So if you have an online store, it can help you generate compelling and SEO-optimized descriptions of your products.
But it’s also a great option to engaging create articles as well, so can maximize your content and generate leads for your online store.
- Includes pre-built templates specifically for your e-commerce business.
- Quickly generates product descriptions, landing pages, and social media ads.
- Offers seamless integrations with big e-commerce platforms like Shopify and WooCommerce.
- Provides a user-friendly interface that makes it easy for anyone to use.
- Includes a built-in plagiarism checker to ensure originality.
Starter – $19/month
Professional – $49/month
Enterprise – Custom pricing (Schedule a demo)
There’s a 7-day free trial with no credit card required.
If you’re an e-commerce business and you want to generate persuasive copy easily and promptly, Copysmith is an outstanding option.
Although it may not be best for businesses in other industries, this product provides useful features that help boost sales and help to save time and money.
3. Frase IO
(Best for SEO Content & Topic Research)
Frase IO is a fantastic AI tool if you want to create SEO content fast. It’s also useful for performing topic research, which is the backbone of every effective content marketing strategy.
It uses machine learning and natural language processing to make your content better.
With Frasi IO, you’re not only creating content that search engines will love but content that resonates with your audience as well, which makes a powerful match.
- AI templates for blog post outline, copywriting frameworks, and more.
- Provides a content brief that analyzes data from the search engine results pages for your target keyword.
- Helps you quickly create a high-quality blog post that’s search engine ready.
- Frase IO allows you to analyze your content in comparison to your competitors.
- Comes with an analytics dashboard that integrates with your Google Search Console data to help you identify content opportunities in real time.
Solo – $14.99/month ($12.66/month if paid annually)
Basic -$44.99/month ($38.25/month if paid annually)
Team – $114.99/month ($97.75/month if paid annually)
Pro Add-On – $35/month
There’s a 5-day trial for only $1 that you can cancel anytime.
Frase IO can be a great AI writing software if you’re looking to have SEO-friendly content to captivate your audience and search engines for increased views.
Not only that, but it does well with assessing your competition and giving you a solid content brief to get your creative juices flowing.
(Best Grammer and Punctuation Assistant)
Of course, we can’t forget to include good old Grammarly on this list. I think of this tool as the “Godfather” of AI writing tools because spell checkers have been around for decades and they aren’t going anywhere.
Not only is this AI writing assistant great for catching annoying typos, but it’s also great at providing tone and style suggestions. So it goes beyond just checking for grammatical errors.
- Quick fixes for grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors in real-time.
- The plagiarism checker prevents unintended copying of someone else’s work.
- Suggestions for sentence structure to keep your message clear and concise.
- Browser extension that can proofread your writing on any website, including Gmail and social media.
- Integrates with popular writing software such as Microsoft Word, Google Docs, and Scrivener, allowing for seamless use.
Free Plan – $0
Premium – Starts at $12/month (60% off annual billing, 33% off quarterly billing)
Business – Starts at $15/month (40% off annual billing)
Paid plans come with a 7-day trial that you cancel at any time.
Grammarly is a must-have AI content tool for keeping your writing skills on point and it’s also a tool I can’t live without.
Whether you’re a student trying to get an A+ on your essay, an office clerk sending that sends a ton of important emails or a marketer who wants to polish new and existing content, it’s a solid and easy solution.
So make sure that you don’t send that important email or publish that blog post first without running it through this AI writing assistant.
(Best for Speed & Content Automation)
If all you’re looking for is an AI writing tool with speed and one that can automate your content creation, then Article Forge may just be what you’re looking for my friend.
This AI writer can generate an entire article with just one click. (Yeah, you read that right).
The way Article Forge works is simple. First, input your keyword, article length, and any other changes.
Then, you only have to wait for 60 seconds and the system will handle the rest.
Article Forge will research, plan, and write a unique and high-quality article for you.
- Article Forge adds relevant titles, videos, images, and links to make your articles more appealing.
- By scheduling and posting articles to your WordPress sites and integrating with major tools, you can automate your SEO efforts.
- You can use Article Forge to write content in seven languages which can help you reach new markets that you haven’t targeted before.
- Article Forge can save you time by generating top-quality, unique articles in 60 seconds through automatic research, planning, and writing.
- Article Forge makes use of new LSI keyword techniques to inform search engines that your content is both relevant and engaging.
1 User – Starts at $27/month for 25,000 words. (51% off for yearly billing).
Business – Custom plan and pricing. (Contact sales).
Comes with a 5-day free trial.
Article Forge is a fast and powerful content creation tool that can do a lot of the heavy lifting for you.
But with that being said, you still need to get your hands a little dirty by making sure the content is up to par. That means revising and editing when necessary.
But overall, Article Forge can be the hammer that forges your words into gold.
6. QuillBot AI
(Best for Paraphrasing)
Quillbot is an AI content-generation tool known for its paraphrasing capabilities.
Now why would you need an AI tool for paraphrasing?
Well, if you’re a marketer or content creator, then you know the struggle when it comes to making sure everything is creative and original.
Quillbot uses advanced AI technology to rephrase sentences or even entire paragraphs to ensure quality and uniqueness while still getting your message across.
- The paraphrasing tool can reword any text while retaining its original meaning which helps you save time and brainpower.
- With Quillbot’s grammar checker, you can be sure that your content is refined and professional. It identifies even the smallest mistakes and offers suggestions for improvement.
- Its plagiarism checker can verify the uniqueness and originality of your text by scanning it against billions of web pages.
- With Quillbot’s AI co-writer, you can receive suggestions for synonyms, rephrasing options, and complete sentences so your content is engaging and flows naturally for your audience.
- With the help of Quillbot’s summarizer, lengthy articles or documents can be summarized into shorter versions.
- It allows you to translate text into more than 30 languages.
Free Plan (limited features)
Annual – $8.33/month
Semi-Annual – $13.33/month
Monthly – $19.95/month
There is also a Quillbot Team Plan that allows you to use multiple writers. It starts at $7.50/month. (Best for teams).
If you’re publishing a lot of content and you feel the need to make sure it’s original, revised, and unique then Quillbot is the AI writing tool to have on your side.
Just remember that some editing will be required at times to ensure accuracy.
7. Surfer SEO
(Best for On-page SEO & SERP analysis)
Surfer SEO is one of my favorite AI content tools when it comes to on-page SEO.
This tool is specifically designed to transform your content into a search-engine-friendly powerhouse.
It uses SERP data from the top-ranking pages from any given keyword to help you optimize your articles for more visibility and higher rankings.
- Built-in keyword research tool to gather relevant topic clusters and help build topical authority.
- The site Audit checks your new or existing content and makes suggestions based on the top-ranking pages in the SERPS.
- The Content Editor has SEO guidelines to help you create blog posts that rank.
- Connects with your Google Search Console to ensure accurate data for your domains.
- The SERP Analyzer helps you discover link-building opportunities against your competition.
Basic – $59/month
Pro – $119/month
Business – $239/month
Enterprise – Custom price (Contact sales)
You save 17% when you pay annually. There’s a 7-day free trial with 1 article, 1 advanced keyword research, and 1 audit.
Surfer SEO clicks on all cylinders when it comes to on-page preparation and SERP analysis.
I use it mainly for keyword clustering and semantic keyword optimization for my articles. I also have it integrated with Jasper AI so it works like seamless beauty.
Of course, when you truly understand how to use AI for SEO, you can leverage tools like surferSEO to further boost your search engine rankings.
If you’re a content marketer or SEO, you should give this tool a try and see for yourself.
Google will love you for it.
8. Copy AI
(Best User-Friendly Tool)
No complicated menus. No confusing features. Just a straight-to-the-point AI content generator.
This is what makes Copy AI a simple yet powerful tool.
This AI content generator can help you craft anything from killer headlines and emails to blog content and product descriptions. – all within a simple user interface.
- Over 90 templates to choose from including Content Marketing Plans, Youtube Ad Scripts, and Welcome Emails.
- One-click Automation workflow to help scale blog posts or landing pages.
- Copy AI helps you generate listicles, “How to” posts, meta descriptions, or blog post ideas.
- You can integrate Copy AI with your Chrome browser to create content and get inspiration without switching tabs.
- Copy Ai has a free plan including 2,000 words per month, 90 + copywriting tools, and unlimited projects.
Free – $0
Pro – $49/month (Save 25% when you pay yearly)
Enterprise – Custom Pricing (Request Demo)
Simplicity goes a long way, and if you need an AI content generator that’s fast, simple, and works well with the modern attention span, then Copy AI is your answer.
But just like any tool, it’s not perfect. You’re still going to have to get your hands dirty with some revising. But at least it’s not a clunky tool that will cause you headaches.
It still works fast and gets the job done.
(Best for Prompts & Topic Ideas)
Need inspiration for your next blog article? Need topic ideas and outlines? (I think we all do). Then ChatGPT is a great solution.
This is one of the biggest AI chatbots that have made a lot of noise lately, and you’ll see what I’m talking about when you try it out for yourself – if you haven’t tried it already.
It uses advanced technology and a vast database of knowledge that will give you endless topic ideas and writing prompts to get you typing away.
- Generates unique and innovative topic ideas for your content, saving you a lot of time.
- ChatGPT can create tables that organize data, making it easier for you to manage your content.
- You can install a Chrome extension AI prompt toolkit called “AIPRM” which provides over 2,000 curated prompt templates covering various topics.
- The OpenAI Playground allows you to experiment with AI models for free, without any coding involved.
- The Pro version has fast response times and is very affordable.
ChatGPT Plus – $20/month
ChatGPT is super powerful when it comes to generating content ideas, and prompt utilization.
This is an AI tool that I use for topic research, blog post outlines, and inspiration.
I’ve saved so much time on these tasks that would’ve otherwise taken me hours or even days to come up with on my own.
But be aware, it has its flaws too. There may be certain biases or a lack of contextual understanding of its outputs.
But don’t let that stop you from using it. It can still work wonders.
(Check out my other article If you want to know how to use ChatGPT for your business)
(Best for Short Form Content)
Looking for a tool that can assist you in creating top-notch short-form content such as Facebook ad copy, product descriptions, emails, and more?
Then check out Writesonic.
Writesonic is effective in creating compelling and engaging copy that quickly captures your reader’s attention and prompts them to take action.
Although it can still be used for long-form content like articles, it works best in generating persuasive short-form content.
It’s an AI writing software that’s also powered by openAI, so you know you’ll be getting cutting-edge technology when crafting content.
- Writesonic helps you quickly write blog posts of up to 3,000 words in a simple step-by-step process.
- E-commerce templates to help you generate product descriptions, product features, titles, or Amazon ad headlines.
- Helps you generate attention-grabbing captions for social media posts on platforms like Instagram, Twitter, and Linkedin.
- Specialized templates for website copy such as landing pages, headlines, and persuasive call to actions.
- Has its own chatbot called “Chatsonic” which is similar to ChatGPT but has real-time data, provides references to specific information, and generates images.
Free Plan – $0/month/10,000 words for 1 user.
Long-Form – Starts at $19/month/60,000 words for 1 user. (Save 33% with annual billing).
Custom Plan – Contact sales.
I’ll say overall, it’s an effective tool to help you quickly whip up short-form content and marketing copy.
Marketers, writers, and business owners often choose it because of its customization options, pre-made templates, and it’s natural human tone of voice.
Although it may not be the best for ease of use and it can occasionally be buggy, Writesonic is still a robust tool to help you achieve quick wins with shorter content.
(Best Affordable Ai Writer)
If you want to talk about an AI-powered writing assistant that doesn’t put a dent in your bank account, then let’s talk about Rytr.
This is by far one of the most budget-friendly Ai content writing tools available – But that doesn’t make it a “cheap” tool either.
Rytr can still help you with automating articles, blog post ideas, copywriting, emails, ad copy, and pretty much everything else that involves content creation.
- “Magic commands” do the heavy lifting for you when creating long-form and short-form content.
- Offers a variety of content types to choose from including landing page copy, product descriptions, post caption ideas, SEO meta descriptions, and more.
- Helps you come up with related keywords and keyphrases for your articles to make them SEO-friendly.
- Specific templates that cater to local businesses to attract more foot traffic
- Access to real-time SERP data as well as keyword clusters to boost your blog rankings on Google.
Saver Plan – $9/month ($90/year/2 months free)
Unlimited Plan – $29/month ($290/year/2 months free)
All in all, if you’re looking for a writing assistant that won’t break the bank, Rytr is definitely worth taking a look at.
You’ll be able to get a decent amount of the same content writing tasks done with this AI writing assistant as with many other tools.
Of course, there are some limitations to keep in mind but overall, Rytr is a solid choice if you want to take your writing to the next level without emptying your wallet.
(Best for creating personalized narratives and reports)
So you just analyzed a boatload of data and realized that you need to create a cohesive report that makes sense.
But writing narratives isn’t exactly your cup of tea.
That’s where Wordsmith comes in to save the day, the AI-powered writing tool that specializes in creating personalized narratives and reports.
Whether you’re creating a financial report, a marketing analysis, or a sales summary, Wordsmith generates natural language to translate your data.
- Their Natural Language Generation(NLG) turns your raw data into human-sounding content.
- You can save time crafting a story by quickly analyzing large amounts of data and extracting the most important insights.
- Wordsmith can generate blog posts and social media content using data to tell a story.
- Their Managed Services team can help you develop solutions for different applications like client communications or fantasy football recaps.
- You can personalize your messaging and content by using each person’s specific data so that it speaks to their interests, roles, and responsibilities.
While Wordsmith’s pricing isn’t publicly available, you can request a demo to learn more about their AI writing services and associated costs.
Wordsmith is a powerful AI writing tool that can translate your data into compelling narratives and reports.
Its ability to customize and analyze data makes it a valuable tool for any organization that relies on data-driven insights.
With Wordsmith, you can quickly turn key insights into natural language without losing your audience’s attention or boring them with dry reports.
(Best for improving Sentence Structure)
Ever sit there and just reread your content and wonder if you could’ve worded certain sentences better?
I think that’s a common occurrence among us content writers and it can get super frustrating – unless you use Wordtune.
It’s one of the best AI writing assistants for rephrasing your sentences into a more clear and more engaging structure.
This tool will present the best sentence alternatives for you, so you’re no longer overthinking each word you type.
- Provides phrasing suggestions to improve message clarity and impact.
- You can choose from different writing styles, ranging from formal to casual.
- This tool functions smoothly on various platforms, such as Google Docs and Microsoft Office.
- This tool is user-friendly and can be easily incorporated into your current writing workflow.
Premium – $24.99/month (60$ off with annual billing)
Premium for Teams – Custom pricing (Contact sales)
Using Wordtune will certainly help improve your writing from dry and bland to clear and compelling.
You’ll have options for better phrasing and structure and it’s also a tool that’s simple to use for your existing writing process.
Just remember that it’s ultimately up to you to determine which of these changes or suggestions you want to implement.
Is there any free AI for content writing?
Yes. There are free AI content tools available with free plans. Here are some to name a few including the ones mentioned in this post:
- Copy AI
Does Google recognize AI writing?
Yes. Google can detect AI-generated content using trained machine-learning models.
These models look for certain patterns that are usually found in AI-generated content, including:
- Lack of creativity or originality
- Unnatural or robotic tone
- Grammatical errors or typos
- Use of certain keywords or phrases frequently associated with AI-generated content.
This isn’t to say that you can’t use AI content generators at all, but Google made it clear in its guidelines that it doesn’t want or like “spammy AI-generated content”.
How can I use AI-powered writing tools to create original and high-quality content?
They should be used to assist and guide you when writing content instead of being a complete replacement for human oversight.
Keep in mind that Google wants to provide its users with informative and high-quality content that demonstrates experience, expertise, authority, and trust (E.E.A.T).
So you don’t want to copy and paste everything straight from these AI article generators.
I recommend using these tools to help you generate content ideas, article outlines, and for polishing grammar.
Try to use your own voice and implement your creative touch. Share your own experiences as well.
Will content writers be replaced by AI?
This is a touchy subject for a lot of concerned content writers, but in my honest opinion, it’s unlikely that AI will replace human writers.
Think about it. How would an AI tool truly understand human experience? – It can’t!
Ai writers can’t:
- Taste, smell, or touch.
- Try different products or services and give opinions about them.
- Come up with original content that isn’t based on pre-existing data or patterns.
- Understand cultural nuances that are relevant to a specific audience.
- Emotionally connect with an audience the same way we humans do.
Sure, AI can help us be way more efficient, but it can’t replace your personality and unique experiences or creativity.
With the advancement of AI tech, not only the future, but even the present time of content writing is looking bright.
The 13 best AI tools for writing articles that I covered in this post are going to help turbocharge your content writing process, so you’re not stuck staring at a blank page.
Out of all of these AI writing tools, I will say that Jasper AI stands out as the best overall for its diversity of functions and versatility – which makes it a complete tool.
But each tool on this list has something to offer depending on your needs, so no matter which one you choose, you’ll be able to take your productivity to the next level and crush it in 2023.
So go ahead, give them a try, and see for yourself.
I hope this was helpful. Thanks for reading!
What do you think of AI writing tools? Have you tried any and if so, which ones have helped you the most? Let me know down below!